New York Business Services Attorney
Whether you’re starting a new business, leasing equipment, or drafting a contract, please contact the Law & Mediation Office of Bracha Etengoff in New York.
Business owners often face challenges and disputes that require legal representation. We will protect your interests and rights in both transactions and commercial litigation. We’ll handle the legal side of your business, so you can focus on all the other aspects of your business.
You will receive ongoing communication from the Law & Mediation Office of Bracha Etengoff when we work together. We believe in advising our clients about all their options and providing recommendations so you can make an informed decision about the issue you’re facing. We will also create a legal strategy to help your business run smoothly and protect you from possible future litigation.
Call (347) 940-0993 today for your confidential consultation with a New York business services attorney. We’re committed to convenience for our clients, and we can discuss your case with you by video or in our New York or Long Island office.
Common Types of Business Services
At the Law & Mediation Office of Bracha Etengoff, we represent clients in a range of transaction and non-litigation cases, such as:
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating contracts – Contracts are essential to operating a business. You must include terms that outline everyone’s duties and obligations, whether the contract is between you and a partner, employee, or vendor.
- Service and sales agreements – Creating an agreement that clarifies the terms of business transactions is beneficial. This type of agreement can protect your rights, specify the scope of the transaction, and state the expectations of each party involved.
- Commercial leases – Whether you’re leasing office equipment, company vehicles, or office space, we can negotiate the terms of the agreement so you can affordably lease everything you need to operate your business.
- Liability waivers – Liability waivers protect businesses from financial responsibility for injuries or damage.
- Employment agreements – The Law & Mediation Office of Bracha Etengoff can draft an employment agreement that outlines your employee’s responsibilities, compensation, and other conditions to prevent any confusion about your expectations while they work for you.
- Business sales and acquisitions – Whether you are acquiring another company or selling your own, we can handle the legal aspects. We will help ensure a smooth transition by drafting the necessary paperwork, negotiating terms, and managing the transaction.
- Business entity formation and governance – Establishing a legal entity for your business is often vital to protect you from personal liability or meet your other goals. The type of entity you choose will impact daily operations and management, liability, and taxation. We can advise you about the various options and assist you with the formation of your business entity to meet your short and long-term goals.
- Business succession planning – When you own a business, you want to ensure your legacy continues after you die. We will help you establish a plan to transfer ownership to your adult child, spouse, or friend upon death and create buy/sell agreements if needed. We can also draft wills and trusts for comprehensive business succession planning.
Common Types of Commercial Litigation Cases
The New York business services attorney from the Law & Mediation Office of Bracha Etengoff also fights for the rights of clients in commercial litigation cases, including:
- Breach of contract claims
- Deceptive and unfair trade practices
- Misappropriation of trade secrets
- Tortious interference with contract
- Breach of non-compete agreements
- Disputes between shareholders, partners, members, and investors
- Fraud claims
- Breach of non-solicitation agreements
- Breach of fiduciary duty claims
- Defamation claims
You might think you can resolve any dispute you face as a business owner. However, some legal matters are complex and require solid litigation experience. We can review the issue and advise you about possible solutions. We can protect your rights in a lawsuit, or negotiate for favorable terms in a settlement agreement.
We can also represent you in alternative dispute resolution (ADR) proceedings to save time, expense, and heartache by resolving your legal dispute without a trial. Two main types of ADR options are available to business owners.
Arbitration is an informal trial outside of court, and the arbitrator is an impartial party who hears both sides of the case and issues a decision.
The arbitrator allows each party to present their arguments and evidence during the arbitration. Both sides can also call witnesses to testify and question each other’s witnesses.
The arbitrator delivers their ruling based on the information they review from the hearing. Their decision is legally binding, meaning the parties have no control over the outcome and often can’t appeal the decision in court.
Mediation is another form of alternative dispute resolution in which the mediator is the impartial party. But unlike an arbitrator, a mediator doesn’t decide the case.
Instead, the mediator meets with opposing parties and their attorneys in an informal setting. Usually, the parties present opening statements and discuss their views and goals regarding the dispute. They may meet separately afterward with the mediator, or have additional sessions together. The mediator doesn’t decide how to resolve the problem. Instead, the mediator reviews the information, offers possible resolutions, and helps the parties negotiate a settlement agreement.
The Law & Mediation Office of Bracha Etengoff in New York is ready to represent you in your commercial matter. We can protect your interests and develop a plan to meet the unique needs of your case. You will always have the opportunity to review and discuss any documents before you sign them. We will remain by your side until your business issue is resolved.
If you need advice on a transaction or representation in commercial litigation, call (347) 940-0993 for your confidential consultation with a New York business services attorney. We can meet by video, in our Manhattan or Long Island office, or in your home or office.