Starting is half the battle! The first step is a preliminary consultation. We’ll meet by video or in person for about 1 hour. We’ll discuss your wishes for asset distribution and your family members, and you can ask questions.
You will either need to provide a summary of assets from your financial adviser or complete a one-page form on your assets, liabilities & income. The consultation fee is also due prior to the meeting.
- Let’s get your planning done! You’ll e-sign an engagement letter confirming the work I will do and the fees. You’ll also pay a retainer online so we can get started ASAP.
- Next, you’ll complete a Family Tree Form, tailored to your unique family constellation.
- We’ll have a second consultation. We’ll discuss who is the best choice for each role in your estate plan (e.g., executor, guardian, health care agent) and finalize your asset distribution plan.
You’ll contact the people you wish to name for each role in your estate plan to confirm they’ll accept the responsibility. You’ll provide me with their contact information, and any other outstanding information.
- I will draft your estate planning documents to protect you and your family.
- You will review the documents and note down any questions or concerns.
Absolutely! We can meet virtually or in person, or use email or a phone call to answer your questions.
- I will make any necessary edits and obtain your final approval. Then we’ll set a date for executing the documents.
- I’ll guide you through each document’s signing, notarizing, and/or witnessing. We can meet in my Manhattan or Long Island office. We can also meet in your home if you provide witnesses.
- You’ll receive clear instructions on how to maintain original documents. We’ll discuss the legal advantage of your attorney retaining the original Will.
- You’ll receive digital copies of all documents.